If you’re looking for something to nibble while you watch the coronation, how about this combination to make a great celebratory charcuterie platter:
- Prosciutto: A high-quality, thinly sliced Italian ham with a delicate flavor.
- Salami: A dry-cured sausage with a variety of spices and flavors. Consider including several types, such as pepperoni, soppressata, and finocchiona.
- Jamón Ibérico: A Spanish cured ham made from acorn-fed pigs, prized for its rich flavor and melt-in-your-mouth texture.
- Pâté: A rich and creamy spread made from ground meat (such as pork, chicken, or liver) and seasonings. Try a classic French-style country pâté or a more exotic option like foie gras.
- Aged Cheddar: A tangy and sharp cheese with a firm texture, perfect for pairing with meats.
- Brie: A creamy and buttery cheese with a soft rind. It pairs well with crackers and fruit.
- Gorgonzola: A strong and tangy blue cheese that adds a bold flavor to the platter.
- Fresh Fruit: Grapes, berries, and sliced apples or pears add a sweet and refreshing contrast to the rich meats and cheeses.
- Nuts: Almonds, walnuts, or pecans provide a crunchy and flavorful addition to the platter.
- Olives: Green or black olives add a salty and briny flavor to the mix.
- Crackers and Bread: A variety of crackers, sliced baguette, or crostini provide a vehicle for enjoying the meats and cheeses.
- Dried Fruits: Apricots, figs, or dates provide a chewy and sweet addition to the board.
Enjoy the celebrations everyone and the long weekend!